First Build A Brand. Then you’re In Business.
Doing Business is as like building your Career, having a strong personal brand can set you apart from your competitors. Promoting through different mode’s of Marketing including Digital Marketing, it has become a requirement for getting noticed, garnering a loyal audience and making a lasting impact.
Whether you are an aspiring entrepreneur or looking to level up with your side hustle, these strategies will help you gain lasting momentum in business.
Some of the Key branding happening these days is of Personal Branding, Why is it so important?
The truth about selling is, people don’t care about your products until you make them care. Your personal brand tells them why they should care, and marketing it is a very emotion-driven way to turn them into customers.
Dale Carnegie coined the term “know, like and trust factor” which basically means that relationships are key to making big sales. Businesses that start out with building their personal brand have an advantage over those that don’t. Why? Because the “know, like and trust” factor is 100% in play here. If you’re starting up a new custom jewelry site on Etsy, getting people to know what you care about, why you started the business and how it feeds your passion can make them want it more. The more you tell your story and demonstrate your value, the more likely they are to buy from you.
Now before Branding begins one needs to understand the basics of Branding
Branding is one of the most important aspects of any business, large or small, retail or B2B. An effective brand strategy gives you a major edge in increasingly competitive markets. But what exactly does “branding” mean? How does it affect a small business like yours?
Simply put, your brand is your promise to your customer. It tells them what they can expect from your products and services, and it differentiates your offering from your competitors’. Your brand is derived from who you are, who you want to be and who people perceive you to be.
Are you the innovative maverick in your industry? Or the experienced, reliable one? Is your product the high-cost, high-quality option, or the low-cost, high-value option? You can’t be both, and you can’t be all things to all people. Who you are should be based to some extent on who your target customers want and need you to be.
The foundation of your brand is your logo. Your website, packaging and promotional materials–all of which should integrate your logo–communicate your brand.
Brand Strategy & Equity
Your brand strategy is how, what, where, when and to whom you plan on communicating and delivering on your brand messages. Where you advertise is part of your brand strategy. Your distribution channels are also part of your brand strategy. And what you communicate visually and verbally are part of your brand strategy, too.
Consistent, strategic branding leads to a strong brand equity, which means the added value brought to your company’s products or services that allows you to charge more for your brand than what identical, unbranded products command. The most obvious example of this is Coke vs. a generic soda. Because Coca-Cola has built powerful brand equity, it can charge more for its product–and customers will pay that higher price.
The added value intrinsic to brand equity frequently comes in the form of perceived quality or emotional attachment. For example, Nike associates its products with star athletes; hoping customers will transfer their emotional attachment from the athlete to the product. For Nike, it’s not just the shoe’s features that sell the shoe.
Defining Your Brand
Defining your brand is like a journey of business self-discovery. It can be difficult, time-consuming and uncomfortable. It requires, at the very least, that you answer the questions below:
- What is your company’s mission?
- What are the benefits and features of your products or services?
- What do your customers and prospects already think of your company?
- What qualities do you want them to associate with your company?
Do your research. Learn the needs, habits and desires of your current and prospective customers. And don’t rely on what you think they think. Know what they think.
Because defining your brand and developing a brand strategy can be complex, consider leveraging the expertise of a nonprofit small-business advisory group or a Small Business Development Center.
- Get a great logo. Place it everywhere.
- Write down your brand messaging. What are the key messages you want to communicate about your brand? Every employee should be aware of your brand attributes.
- Integrate your brand. Branding extends to every aspect of your business–how you answer your phones, what you or your salespeople wear on sales calls, your e-mail signature, everything.
- Create a “voice” for your company that reflects your brand. This voice should be applied to all written communication and incorporated in the visual imagery of all materials, online and off. Is your brand friendly? Be conversational. Is it ritzy? Be more formal. You get the gist.
- Develop a tagline. Write a memorable, meaningful and concise statement that captures the essence of your brand.
- Design templates and create brand standards for your marketing materials. Use the same color scheme, logo placement, look and feel throughout. You don’t need to be fancy, just consistent.
- Be true to your brand. Customers won’t return to you–or refer you to someone else–if you don’t deliver on your brand promise.
- Be consistent. I placed this point last only because it involves all of the above and is the most important tip I can give you. If you can’t do this, your attempts at establishing a brand will fail.
We at Manishsatija.com is the best in India to deliver quality and cost effective Branding Services for your Brand and Company. We just don’t deliver, We Love & Respect your Brand
Manishsatija.com is a creative branding agency in India | Delhi-NCR, one-stop enterprise that offers the complete range of creative related services like Branding, Logo Design, Advertising, Digital Marketing, Interiors Consultancy and Many more.
To know more about us:
Manishsatija.com – Subscribe for videos
Manishsatija.com – Facebook
Manishsatija.com – Twitter
Manishsatija.com – Google+
Manishsatija.com – LinkedIn
Manishsatija.com – Pinterest
Manishsatija.com – Instagram
Manishsatija.com – Add Google Review
“We work creatively to make your work fun, help you innovate, grow, advance skills & build business”
Founder & Creative Director